Thursday, September 2, 2010

Illustration 5 Post #6

1. What sort of an illustrator are you?
One that tries to draw entirely from my imagination and tries to focus on the whimsical, fantastical and brutal as much as possible.

2. What sort of career do you want to have?
I want to be a concept artist for just about anything, but preferrably video games. I also would like to do illustrations and graphic novels on the side.

3. Does your present body of work reflect your aspirations? Could it do so more strongly?
For the most part I feel like it does. I could probably use a few more plainly brutal and detailed images...something that shows the amount of DETAIL I can do, which I like to do but often don't have the time to do finished images of with schoolwork. I feel like I really like brutal imagery, but I fall back on fantastic/childish/friendly work for my schoolwork since it is a faster way to produce something that still is high in quality.

4. List ten images/themes/techniques/subjects/formats that your portfolio needs in order to become more in line with your aspirations.
-Brutality
-Detail
-Attention to detailed linework
-Watercolor
-Painting
-Graphic
-Contrast
-Atmospheric elements
-Spooky/less happy and quirky
-Metal

No comments: